5 Tips for a Great Golf Swing
Neal Communities feature many active amenities, like vast acres of golf courses! Whether you are a novice or a professional golfer, there’s nothing like a day out on the golf course. Take a look at these 5 tips to make your next round even better!
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball – If you aren’t watching the ball you are most likely not going to hit it. When you are about to swing, keep watching the ball until you feel your body try to pull itself back up, this way you are not lifting your head up to early.
- Watch Your Legs – Do you keep grazing the top of the ball? This could be due to the fact that you are fully straightening your legs during your swing. When you straighten your legs, you are also raising the level of your club’s head path. Try a little bend and see what happens!
- Find Your Alignment – Alignment is important for golfers at any level. For proper alignment, your shoulders, feet and hips need to be parallel to each other. Spines should be straight! A straight spine means more energy in your movement.Keep your feet and ball inline with your target hole, but make sure they are pointing to the left, never directly facing the target.
- Check Your Swing Speed – When you are bringing the club back you want tomake sure you pause at the moment that you are fully rotated. This will enable you to hit with more accuracy and consistency, which will equate to greater distance.
- Make Sure to Relax – Make sure you give your swing a swift fluid motion. Being tense and tight can affect your distance and aim. Relaxing helps you get better swinging action and improves your overall game. Why not relax by laying out at the pool before heading to the golf course?
Inspired to work on your golf swing all year long? Find a hole-in-one with our available homes in Boca Royale Golf & Country Club, Country Club East by Neal Signature Homes, or Neal Communities’ Verandah!