You’ve Got Questions? They’ve Got Answers
Have a question about Neal Communities, the building process or any of our neighborhoods? For Wendi Leatherwood, Jackie Polino and Christina Sadler, it’s all part of the job. As Online Sales Consultants, they are here to promptly help answer any and all of your questions – electronically.
Unlike regular sales consultants, these ladies do everything online. As part of the team, they connect potential homebuyers with the community that best fits their lifestyle and build the home of their dreams with solid peace of mind. Follow along below as the three answer some questions below on various online and home topics.
What happens when I submit my info to you online?
- Wendi: It’s goes through a platform called Lasso, which is then redirected to me as a new lead. Then, I handle that lead accordingly – whether that’s a phone call, email, etc. I update the client with the requested information, and after that, hopefully help them schedule an appointment.
What is the most common question you are asked?
- Wendi: Is the lot included in the base price?
- Jackie: The most common question we are asked is: Do you have models that we can walk through?
- Christina: Are you an onsite sales person for X community?
What is the strangest question you have been asked?
- Jackie: Occasionally, we will receive a call from someone who is trying to plan for the future. The buyer wanted to know how much a home was going to cost, what plans we would be offering and what the new community would be named in 10 years time. We can see what we are offering in the current future, however, it’s impossible for us to provide an accurate answer for a decade down the road
How did you become an online sales consultant?
- Wendi: Being a stay-at-home mom of two, I knew that I wanted to be successful at home and provide for my family. I decided to start my own business in online marketing and social media. Soon after, I grew and started with a bigger firm in Orlando. I was with them for over 4 years. As my kids got older, I knew I wanted to get back in the corporate world and decided to get my Real Estate license re-activated. Soon after, I started sending out resumes to potential builders, as Neal Communities was first on my list. They soon reached out and I went through the rigorous interview process for the online sales consultant position. I was excited about the opportunity as I love the chance to connect with people, and buying a new home has always been a fun and exciting process. I like to see the end result. It’s a win-win.
- Jackie: I was offered the position as an online sales consultant during an annual review several years ago. I was excited for the opportunity since I was currently working at Grand Palm in Venice and becoming an Online Sales Consultant would allow me the opportunity to work with not just one, but ALL of the communities that Neal Communities builds.
- Christina: I spent the first 7 years of my career in retail marketing. I was looking for something more challenging and rewarding! My neighbor works in online sales for another builder, and she always talked about how much she loved her job. She told me about a job opening at Neal Communities, I applied for the position and went through the rigorous interview process. I was beyond excited when I heard that I was accepted for the position! The final step in becoming an Online Sales Consultant was getting my Florida real estate license.
What is your favorite part about the job?
- Wendi: Connecting with potential buyers and understanding their needs and wants.
- Jackie: The best part about sales is that it’s always changing and no two days are the same. We get to talk and interact with new people every day and that keeps it fresh. It’s also competitive so having a big sports background makes it very exciting for someone like myself. There’s a lot to accomplish in one day so it’s always busy, busy, busy!
- Christina: Being a part of someone’s journey as they work through making the biggest financial decision of their life is my favorite part of this job! I usually speak with people in the very first step of the process. Some people have no idea what they want and others know exactly what they want, but either way, it’s exciting to be a part of that process all the way through.
What do you like most about working for Neal Communities?
- Christina: I love that Neal Communities has such a respected reputation for building a quality home – not only locally but globally as well! It’s very impressive that a local homebuilder in Lakewood Ranch, Florida has made such an astounding impression in the real estate market. People trust the Neal Communities name, which in turn helps me build trust with the people and Realtors that I work with every day.
What would you say to people who are thinking about purchasing a Neal home?
- Jackie: There are numerous options when it comes to finding a home in the area. However, if someone were looking for a top-quality, well-built home with the nicest sales team around and excellent customer service, you’d choose a home built by Neal Communities. We’ve been the hometown and family-run builder for 45+ years, and our reputation is top notch. We care about our homeowners and want to make you happy and provide you with not only a place to live but with a home where you will make lasting memories. We really take pride in everything that we do at Neal Communities, so if you’re shopping for the best value Neal is where it’s at…you can’t go wrong.
- Christina: Do some research and then call me! Most of the time, searching through the Internet can feel overwhelming, and it’s my job to help alleviate some of the unnecessary noise. Our websites at NealCommunities.com or www.NealSignatureHomes.com are a great place to get general information about communities and locations. You can contact me by calling any number on the website.
Which community and home design is your favorite and why?
- Wendi: I love the Captiva floor plan backed up on a beautiful preserve view with lots of oak trees. Its combination of serenity and scenery in a bigger home can accommodate any family.
- Jackie: My favorite floor plan is the Santa Cruz offered at The Inlets by Neal Signature Homes. This community is built on the Manatee River, and it’s a boating community. Growing up in the area, my family spent a lot of time on the water boating nearly every weekend. The home itself has everything that my growing family would need, and it has a large gourmet kitchen and great room, where we spend most of our time when we’re at home. What’s more important than food and family?
- Christina: This is such a difficult question because each community is so unique, and I love them all for different reasons. However, I would have to say that Grand Palm is my favorite community. Just driving through the community is a happy experience, and I really appreciate the thought and detail that has been put into Grand Palm in particular. Currently, my favorite floor plan is the new Sandcastle Villa. We build these in Grand Palm and Boca Royale Golf & Country Club. These villas are so rich looking on the outside with the tile roof, exterior tile details and lush landscaping. Once you get inside, you’d never know you were in an attached villa. Every inch of the 1,842 square feet was carefully thought out to create the most sensible space, and the home is full of light!
Where are you physically located?
- Wendi: I am located in Neal Communities’ south region headquarters in Bonita Springs, Florida.
- Jackie: As an Online Sales Consultant, we are primarily located out of our corporate office in Sarasota. However, we are always on the move and visit various communities and attend Realtor events. We truly have the flexibility of working from anywhere. We have cell phones, laptops and iPads so we work from wherever we are located.
- Christina: Neal Communities’ corporate office in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.