Tuesday April 5, 2016
We all know when Spring rolls around it means it’s time for a little Spring cleaning! Keeping track of your home’s maintenance and checking to ensure it’s in tip-top shape is vital to keeping your home well maintained, clean, and safe!
Here is a checklist with a few tips that can help your home last for years to come!
- Look for loose or damaged shingles that might need to be repaired or replaced.
- Clear out your gutters and downspouts of any debris (sticks, leaves, etc.) and make sure everything is secure.
- Check your faucets and general plumbing fixtures to ensure that you catch any leaks.
- Dust the trim around doors, windows and baseboards. Check to make sure that they are all sealed properly.
- Test out smoke detectors and replace dead batteries.
- Change the air filter in your central heat and air unit often.
- Check all the deadbolts and locks you have on your doors and windows.
Taking the time to thoroughly clean and inspect your home just a few times a year can save you time and money in the long run! Though this list gives you a few very important maintenance tips, it is not a complete list! What do you do to keep your home in tip-top shape? Let us know on our social sites, Facebook and Twitter!