Thursday January 8, 2015
It’s time for a brand new year and a brand new start! Maybe you’ve just moved into your Neal Communities home, or maybe you’re a long time resident. Either way you’re probably wondering just how to keep those new years resolutions.
This year you’re going to get organized and lose that weight! Great! Neal Communities is here to help all of our residents! Start 2015 with these 5 simple ideas to stay on track!
- Choose a goal that is close to your heart - Just like the way Neal Communities’ has resolved to integrate our communities into natural habitats, when choosing a goal you have to pick something that you care deeply about. That will help you stay committed all year long! Without a strong commitment to your goal, it will be a struggle to stick to your resolutions.
- Choose an achievable goal - Sometimes you have to start small. You can’t climb a mountain without going over the small hills first. Neal Communities does this by keeping the dream of homeownership achievable for families of all sizes. Keeping a goal achievable is a big confidence booster, and will help spur you on to bigger accomplishments throughout the year.
- Start with an action plan - You can't get anywhere if you don't know where you're going. Starting off the year with a clear direction will help you hunker down and keep focused. Turning one goal into several actionable items is good for tracking progres and staying encouraged on the journey. Just like starting a family business you have to stick with it to make something work.
- Identify anything holding you back - You might have to think really hard for this one. Is there anything that's keeping you from achieving your dreams? Identifying it and knocking it out of the way at the beginning of the year will keep it from haunting you later. Make sure you stand out this year with your hard work, just like Neal Communities does with every new neighborhood.
- Find someone who keeps you accountable - No matter what you’re doing, you need a good support team behind you! The Neal Communities team helps each other, and our residents, achieve great things with nationally-recognized and award winning homes. Finding a good friend, parent, sibling or co-worker that can help you check in on your goals is essential. Having someone beside you is a great motivator no matter what you want to achieve. They can help you when you're down or cheer on your successes!
Keep these 5 tips in mind for a successful new year! Here’s to a great 2015 in your Neal Communities home!